What is Cardio Tennis?
Cardio Tennis is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. It is a very social and fun class for players of all ability levels taught by a tennis teaching professional. If you’ve never played tennis before it is a great way to be introduced to the sport and if you are an experienced high level tennis player it is the best way to train for tennis. Most classes have mixed ability and some facilities offer classes which are more specific to ability/fitness level. However, regardless of ability or fitness level the tennis professional is trained to provide the ultimate workout for each person.
Benefits of Playing Cardio Tennis:
• It is a fun social group activity where players of all ability levels enjoy tennis together.
• In a class of 6-8 people most women burn 300 to 500 calories per hour and men burn between 500 to 1,000.
• Provides an interval training scenario which is the most effective way to achieve heart health and fitness.
• While you are “playing” tennis the primary focus is on getting a great workout.
• Fights the obesity crisis and offers a better fitness option for those not motivated to go to a gym to workout.
• You naturally improve your game because you always moving, hitting tons of balls and continuously being challenged.
What is the Purpose of Cardio Tennis?
• Fun and movement
• To train in your heart rate zone: players get into and stay in their heart rate zones with ease because of the
• Fun factor
• To train for TENNIS
• To burn calories
The typical Cardio Tennis program is 60 minutes and includes:
•5-10 minute warm-up segment
•30-50 minute Cardio segment
•5-10 minute cool down segment
Greenvale Tennis Club: Coming Soon – Call office to inquire
Craigieburn Tennis Club: Coming Soon – Call office to inquire
$15.00 per session