CTS are affiliated to deliver Tennis Australia’s Hot Shots Program and are an endorsed provider of ANZ Tennis Hot Shots.
For ages 3 and up of all abilities – lesson lengths are 45 minutes with the focus on teaching children how to serve, rally and score. Hot Shot’s Team Lessons are the perfect way for a new player to begin playing tennis.
In 2014 Complete Tennis won the prestiguos Newcombe Medal for Hot Shots Excellence and in 2015 won Tennis Victoria’s award for Hot Shot’s Excellence. So families should feel secure when they are learning tennis with CTS they are learning from the best.
The goal of the Hot Shots Team Lessons are to get a player to a level of tennis where they can enjoy a game of singles or doubles, understanding basic tactics and techniques. It is then up to the individual, whether they would like to play socially or compete in organised competitions.
ANZ Tennis Hot Shots is Tennis Australia’s official kids’ starter program for children. Through the use of scaled court sizes and low-compression balls, kids learn to serve, rally and score in a game that is appropriate to their developmental needs. Children progress through the three developmental stages:
• Red 1 – Little Tennis for 3-5 year olds
• Red 2 – Pee Wee Tennis for 5-7 year olds
• Orange – For 8-10 year olds
• Green – For 10-12 year olds
• Yellow- For 12 years +
At each stage, ball compression and court size increases in line with players’ development. This gradual progression improves players’ skills and prepares them to play on a full-size court with a yellow ball.
At MLC Hot Shots Team Lessons, children will:
• play with scaled equipment that is appropriate to their age, size and ability
• meet new friends, have fun and stay healthy
• develop new skills and coordination
• have the opportunity to play in challenge events where all players receive a participation gift
• graduate to playing on a full-size court through the “learning to play” pathway.
To learn more about the three developmental stages
A lesson consists of:
• 5 minute warm up.
• 10 minutes of technique instruction and stroke understanding.
• 15 minutes of movement drills.
• 15 minutes of match-play and tactical play, using simulated games.
• End of Semester award including a certificate/trophy and Hot Shots prize.
Greenvale Tennis Club: Monday – Friday and Sunday all day
Craigieburn – Hume Tennis Centre: 7 dasy of the week
Mandalay Country Club (Wallan): Friday afternoons
70 Providence Road, Greenvale: Saturdays
Cost: per lesson is $16.50 – cost of Semesters are at are pro-rata if children start during a semester